neděle 11. září 2011

First moments in Guadalajara


¡Hola!
So there's a brief review of what happened since I departed from Prague.

I'm alive and the 16 hours spent in planes wasn't so bad. I was just a little bit nervous in Atlanta thanks to a customs officer - still don't know if he did that on purpouse or was incompetent - tha fact is I had to spend an hour waiting in his line (which was disturbing knowing I had only two hours to change the planes).

Landing in Guadalajara (from now on mostly GDL) was without any problems, there was only a storm on the horizon. The customs in Mexico are partially a russian roulette - you have to push a button and a green or red light go randomly on. Although mine was red, the customs officer barely looked into the bag (probably was amused enough by talking to me in spanish...)

After that I started looking for a tourist information centre. What a surprise, there isn't any. As well as any person speaking english. Anyway I managed to get a cab for 270 pesos to the city centre. The driving style is quite different from what you can experience in the U.S. Just after moving off the driver showed me that he's not willing to be slowed down by other drivers, so he took a one-way road in the opposite direction. After that in 60kph limit (where everybody was doing between 80 and 90) he set the speed between 100 and 130.
After a few vain attempts to find the hostel I wanted I ended up in this hotel:


I guess this is enough for the first article. Sorry for the delay of english version, I'll try to catch up soon.
P.S.: link to my gallery: http://kubakozlik.rajce.idnes.cz/2011-07_mexico/

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat